Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yard Sale Freak

I’m a yard sale freak – I absolutely LOVE yard sale-ing!!!  

It’s a sure fire way to put a smile on my face and song in my heart.
The thrill of the hunt and the sweet taste of victory are just hard to beat.
It’s actually been weeks since I’ve been on a serious hunt,
and now that I’m paying for retail space to sell my finds in,
I’ve been feeling a little guilty for not going. 

I decided this weekend wouldn’t see much yard sale-ing
either because I’m STILL getting over being sick –
 it’s just taking me a long time to get back to feeling like myself again.

But when I woke up at 7:30 on Saturday, I decided to give it a shot.
Since it was already late, I decided to not look online for sales, 
or chart my route – just take a relaxing morning and see if 
I could come across 4 or 5 yard sales just driving around.  
Well, there were so many yard sales I could have shopped 
for weeks at the sales that were open on Saturday. 

I had a great, fun day finding all kinds of things
and building up my inventory.  I’ll show you some 
of the things that were my favorites.  
As I always say, one of the hardest things about doing this, 
is that I pretty much only buy things that I personally love.  
Sometimes I find things that might sell, 
but I pretty much just go for the things 
I really wouldn’t mind being stuck with if they don’t sell.

This week was no exception when I came across this adorable red train case.  




It was love at first sight, and I’m secretly hoping that it doesn’t sell.
It is in perfect condition not only out side, but a lovely red inside too!! 
How many things could I use this for?!? (besides traveling)

Then this sweet thermos set!  

  


Again, perfect condition!  
As thermos says, it keeps hot things hot, and cold things cold, 
(the manufacturers instructions are still in the bag)  
So I’m having visions of hot chocolate, coffee and
corn bread and heading up to the snow to go sliding,
or lemonade and tea and ham sandwiches 
for a perfect impromptu summer picnic.  
(one of my five year olds favorite things are picnics)


It’s hard to pass up a glorious stars & stripes flag,

or a vintage, foldable, wooden measuring stick that can be bent into endless shapes.


I actually played this flute last night, and I gotta say, it was pretty fun! 

I won’t quit my day job just yet, but if nothing else, it’s really pretty and would be cute decoration.
 





Just a hodge-podge of fun finds



Including this book of cigarette paper which I thought was really cute,  


and I just loved the detail on this frame


The sculpture needs a little t.l.c. but loads of potential


Block and tackle, which is not only interesting, but would make a really cute display piece



A lovely Roseville Pottery find
 


and lastly Jack. 

I know he’s not an antique, or not really even vintage
but a gumby Jack – seriously, who could pass that up?
Obviously not me.

So, most of these things will be making their way to Scout Living this week, 
and as I’ve already disclosed, I’m secretly hoping a few things won’t sell.

This is all so much fun for me, I just love finding these treasures 
and getting them all cleaned up and ready to be enjoyed.

It’s hard to believe this weekend is over – they always go so fast.  
I wish each of you a pleasant week ahead.

Affectionately,  Miss. Worm

2 comments:

  1. Loved today's blog! And glad that you had so much fun! I don't know how you find such cool stuff. You really have the knack!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the train case! Are u really gonna sale it?

    ReplyDelete