Thursday, July 7, 2011

Simple Splash of Color

Soooo, yes, I am alive - 
and no, I have not been kicking back relaxing 
since my darling daughter has been spending the summer with her Dad. 
 (I don't think I fully know how to kick back and relax)  :)

I have been catching up on some work at my "real" job,
 and helping a friend move, 
and helping aforementioned friend with some minor remodeling
 on house to be moved into. 
 Is scraping old "cottage cheese" off a ceiling 
and sanding the sheet rock considered minor?!? 
 I'm not sure.

Aaaanyway, I have been thinking about this sad little blog,
 and fully intended to return to it on Tuesday, when I got sick.  
Still sick, but I just did something noteworthy, so I thought I'd check in.

This is what my bed has looked like all week since I've been sick.  
(I know, I have no pride)






My little guest house has one bedroom 
which is occupied by my darling daughter, 
so my bedroom consists of my bed 
which is squeezed into this little corner 
next to the stove that heats this tiny place in the winter.

The wall has mostly been empty, until I made this wreath
to fill the space, only it looked a little too lonely 
so I moved it to a smaller space.
  Now, I've been dreaming of painting, 
but did I mention this little place is a rental?  

Then, I came across this great little find at Scout Living.  




I washed my sheets tonight and hung this map, 
and now I don't feel so compelled to break my rental agreement and paint.  
(ALL the walls are the same dreary tan)  

The dealer at Scout has more of these maps - different countries 
which say they are from the sixth grade class.  
So if you have a small area that you need a super quick change up in, 
this might do the trick.  

My "bedroom" feels so happy now. 
 Stay tuned, I know I need to make a bedskirt, and a real quilt.  
(I've had this down comfy for almost 20 years and love it, 
but it probably needs to be covered)  
I also have this idea floating around in my head 
for some super cute pillow shams.

Oh, and a little close up of my favorite little pillow,
(Loads of these winged pins at my booth in Scout Living. - 
I put them on everything!)



I'm going to bed now, maybe I'll wake up and not be sick anymore, please?

Anyhow, work in progress here as always.

Affectionately,  Miss. Worm

No comments:

Post a Comment