Thursday, June 2, 2011

Be Inspired



Dear, internet/phone/cable provider.  Good timing.  Just kidding.

So I start this blog and most of this past week I have not had internet service (or phone), but I’m glad to report that I now have internet and phone.  So, thanks for your patience waiting for my second post.

I want to encourage you to be inspired.  
If you have things you love, use them!  
Don’t save them for that perfect thing.  
I sometimes hang onto treasures 
and then get tired of them after shuffling them around.  
A perfect example is this little stack of treasures.



I’m into canvas right now, and I had some left on a bolt I had purchased.  
Then the linen was beautiful, 
it was the only piece of linen I discovered in a sweet quilt shop in Vancouver.
It was high quality and made me feel happy.  
Lastly, the vintage sheet music which I also love 
(and there are so, so many things 
you can do with perfectly aged sheet music.)


First I made these adorable little flowers out of the sheet music, 
and they’ve been quite the conversation piece 
just sitting in this bowl in my house.  




Next I started ripping the canvas in strips 
and also a little bit of my prized linen.  
The linen became a bow 
and the canvas I loosely hand gathered
and then hot glued onto a wreath. 

Now, accent with the linen bow and sheet music flower, 
and I have a sweet little wreath which I have hung above my bed.



So, take the things you love, and use them.  
This wasn’t originally what I was thinking of for these little treasures, 
but I used them while I still in love with them, 
and it has made a nice little addition to my home.

affectionately, Miss. Worm

No comments:

Post a Comment